copy large files in Rev on Mac

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Dec 5 08:28:10 EST 2007

Hi Klaus,

Why not simple this...

on xCopyFile theFile,theNewFile
     open file theFile for binary read
     open file theNewFile for binary write
     repeat until it is empty
       read from file theFile for 10000
       write it to file theNewFile
       wait 0 millisecs with messages
     end repeat
     close file theFile
     close file theNewFile
end xCopyFile

It is faster than you'd expect and you could add a progress bar. Of
course, you need to set the file type and creator and you might want
to copy the resource fork. All that isn't in this simple example.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 5-dec-2007, om 13:18 heeft Klaus Major het volgende geschreven: