Answer Annoyance

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Aug 30 03:11:04 EDT 2007

Well one workaround would be to actually encode it *as* htmltext:

replace "<" with "<" in tData
replace ">" with ">" in tData
answer ("<p>"&tData&"</p>")

Not sure that is a scalable solution if your html becomes more
complex, but perhaps it will work as a kludge if your needs are
simple. Otherwise, you might have to dig in the Rev IDE scripts to
see what it is looking for to trigger the treatment as htmlText -- I
don't believe it is an engine behavior unless that has recently
changed. IIRC Rev scripts are making the call before it's passed to
the engine?