Microsoft XML

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Wed Aug 29 20:11:23 EDT 2007

Hi

Another spreadsheet application I looked at recently is a simple one
called "Tables" (http://www.x-tables.eu/), but decided to wait till
Apple's "Numbers" came out.

Personally I like tables views (rows/columns) because they are an
efficient way to view lots of information quickly and still find it
annoying Rev's built-in tables aren't very flexible.

Found Wingz at: http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/financial/spreadsheet/

Readme for Wingz says it supports:
Linux, Windows95/98/NT, Solaris, AIX, SunOS, HPUX, IRIX, Mac

Seems to be available only as linux binary & unfortunately no source code :(

I am keen to check out "Wingz" & "Numbers" and their respective
approaches to working with financials. Unfortunately, I've still "out
bush" with my limited wireless broadband & Macbook (which only has mac &
windows). Didn't have time to add a linux partition :(

So I will try again when I get back to civilization (miss my nice warm
studio).

Never been a big expert on spreadsheet applications but my knowledge is
growing every day, thanks everyone.

regards
alex

Dale Pond wrote: