Rev Studio and Vista

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Aug 25 12:11:05 EDT 2007

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:14:33 -0500, Len Morgan wrote:

> I've just gotten a new computer and want to retire my old (XP Pro)
> desktop.  The new machine is a laptop and I'm a heavy user of
> Galaxy/GLX2.  I can't seem to find where to install the plugins (in
> general) under Vista.  The \Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My
> Revolution Studio isn't anywhere to be found.

In Vista that's now:

  C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Revolution Studio

But as Jerry pointed out, this isn't created automatically by
Revolution; you'd have to create itt yourself.

> Where exactly is the "Special Folder" for plugins and while we're at
> it, where can I install a Rev app so that it is available to all
> users of a computer (on Vista).  I used to use "Documents and
> Settings\All Users\Application Data\<AppName>

In Vista this is now:

  C:\ProgramData

You can see these all listed at the 'specialFolderPath Codes' tip on my
site - I've bookmarked it because I use it so often:

 http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/file010.htm

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com