Future of PHP - LAMP Based Web Site Technology

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Aug 24 19:42:29 EDT 2007

> Anyone have any comments? PHP is alive and well and moving forward...
> It is the basis for our wiki (PMwiki)
>
> On the other hand I don't see any in use in many progressive
> "Web 2.0"
> sites.
> Not a single page at www.apple.com  google or Flickr uses PHP.

Im really taken with Joomla, which is built with PHP. In fact, a very large
number of CMS's use PHP, as do quite a few wikis out there. For an almost
entirely server-side language, PHP is really good and non-proprietary. We've
added plugin support to Valentina Server products that support PHP 4 and 5
scripting - in fact, that's the way you interact with the free Valentina
Community Server product.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President