white windows/stacks?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Aug 22 15:48:35 EDT 2007

Hi Paul,

It is no memory issue. Revolution just happens to forget to (re)draw
the window.

One of the scenarios that may cause this is:

-- mainstack
on preOpenStack
   lock screen
   lock messages
   go invisible stack x
   -- set rect of stack x e.g.
   -- then show stack
   show stack x --substack
end preOpenStack

It doesn't happen all the time, but script similar to the above may
cause a white screen. Apparently, Rev doesn't get the time to update
the window.

To solve this issue, usually I try something like this:

-- mainstack
on preOpenStack
   send "showMe" to stack x in 0 millisecs
end preOpenStack

-- substack
on showMe
   go invisible cd 1 of me
   set the bottomright of me to -100,-100
   -- set rect of me
   -- then show me
   set the loc of me to the screenloc
end showMe

I hope you get the idea. I don't have a specific recipe but usually
try something along these lines.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.com

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 22-aug-2007, om 21:11 heeft Paul Gabel het volgende geschreven: