A Small Speed Observation on Custom Properties

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue Aug 21 13:58:31 EDT 2007

Another way to find data based on column is to make the first row a
"header row", containing the names of the columns.

Then, you just write a handler to get the column number regardless of
whether you've added or rearranged columns:

FUNCTION colNum pColumnHeader
     set the itemdelimiter to tab
     put line 1 of fld "data" into tHeaders
     return itemOffset(pColumnHeader, tHeaders)
END colNum