Hover Icon Problems

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue Aug 21 13:51:18 EDT 2007

Just FYI, hoverIcon has a fatal bug:

It reset icons to the normal "Icon" on mouseLeave, but alas, it does
not reset changed buttons upon leaving the card.

So, if you click a button that takes you to a different card, and
your mouse is moving, whatever icons you are switching will stay
"stuck" showing the hoverIcon.

Upon returning to the card with the buttons, it looks strange indeed!
With some buttons showing over states.

I suggest writing manual handlers and not using hoverIcon:

ON mouseEnter
     IF the uRollOver of the target is true THEN
         set the defaultcursor to hand
         set the icon of the target to the uOverIcon of the target
     END IF
END mouseEnter

ON mouseLeave
     set the defaultcursor to arrow
     IF the uRollover of the target is true THEN
         set the icon of the target to the uOriginalIcon of the target
     END IF
END mouseLeave