URLstatus for Players set to remote URLs

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Aug 17 23:35:11 EDT 2007

Klaus Major wrote:

> all this can be done with Trevor's EXCELLENT Enhanced QT External :-)
>
>  From the docs:
>
> function qtGetMovieLoadState ()
> QT Version: 4.1
> Returns the download state of the movie controller.
> This function lets your code perform relative comparisons against movie
> to determine if certain operations make sense. Don't call more often
> then every quarter of a second.
> Its return values are ordered so that they conform to this rule:
> kMovieLoadStateError
> < kMovieLoadStateLoading
> < kMovieLoadStatePlayable
> < kMovieLoadStateComplete
> Parameters:
> MovieControllerID: movieControllerID.
> Return:
> Integer value:
> kMovieLoadStateError -1
> kMovieLoadStateLoading 1000
> kMovieLoadStatePlayable 10000
> kMovieLoadStatePlayThroughOK 20000
> kMovieLoadStateComplete 100000
>
> AND more :-)
>
> Check the docs -> "General"

Thanks... i downloaded it... I must be missing something.
I don't see any "General" section in the docs
And though the doc are very clear, and mostly
transparent... they are "lean"

Whats' the difference between

 > kMovieLoadStatePlayable 10000
 > kMovieLoadStatePlayThroughOK 20000

??

Also, the "Working with Images" stack  reports an err on attempt to open
some movies

qterr,Unable to open movie

it woudl be interesting to know why?  plays fine in QT Player.

Sivakatirswami