URLstatus for Players set to remote URLs

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 16 16:57:13 EDT 2007

Recently, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Can players be hooked to libURL such that
>
> set the filename of player "remoteMovie" to
> "http://www.domain.org/movies/greatestShowOnEarth.mov"
>
> would "emulate" a load cmd so that we have access to the URLstatus for
> that player's download?
>
> Goal:  One would like to present a progress bar to  users, that could
> poll URLstatus for the
> player's call to a remote URL... after all it would seem that setting
> the player's
> filename to an http ref is the same "animal" as a load url call.

You can do this using Trevor DeVore's EnhancedQT external.  He has a sample
link that (I believe) explains how to do what you describe:
http://www.bluemangolearning.com/download/revolution/enhancedqt/examples/EQT
_Miscellaneous.zip

This is the same process I use in the jukebox app I mentioned some months
ago:  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/jukebox.rev"

HTH.

Regards,

Scott Rossi