Script Print Font Size

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Aug 8 12:55:38 EDT 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:13:40 -0400, Mikey wrote:

> Yikes!  When I print scripts, the text looks like it's at least 12 pt,
> which is just enormous for these things.
>
> I don't see a preference for setting it.  Where should I be looking?

Well, there isn't a separate preference, but the printing uses the
revPrintText function which takes the htmlText of the script editor's
window. So if you go into preferences and change the size of the font
for the Script Editor's display, this will be reflected in the printed
output. It would be great if there was a separate preference, though...

Oh, and if you want to *permanently* change ALL text printing coming
out of Rev to a specific size, you can edit the "revPrintBack"
backscript, go to the "revPrintText" handler, and scroll down to where
you see the comment:

  --Body initialization

Locate the "if" block that sets the tabstops, hGrid, etc. which looks
like this:

  if pSourceFieldRef is not empty then
    set the tabStops of field 1 to the tabStops of pSourceFieldRef
    set the hGrid of field 1 to the hGrid of pSourceFieldRef
    set the vGrid of field 1 to the vGrid of pSourceFieldRef
    set the fixedLineHeight of field 1 to the fixedLineHeight of
pSourceFieldRef -- NEW
    set the textHeight of field 1 to the effective textHeight of
pSourceFieldRef -- NEW
    set the textAlign of field 1 to the effective textAlign of
pSourceFieldRef
  end if

And then add a "set the textSize" line to that block, like this:

  if pSourceFieldRef is not empty then
    set the tabStops of field 1 to the tabStops of pSourceFieldRef
    set the hGrid of field 1 to the hGrid of pSourceFieldRef
    set the vGrid of field 1 to the vGrid of pSourceFieldRef
    set the fixedLineHeight of field 1 to the fixedLineHeight of
pSourceFieldRef -- NEW
    set the textHeight of field 1 to the effective textHeight of
pSourceFieldRef -- NEW
    set the textAlign of field 1 to the effective textAlign of
pSourceFieldRef
    set the textSize of field 1 to 9
  end if

HTH,