Recording sounds -- delay in starting?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue Aug 7 17:59:37 EDT 2007

I have set the recordFormat to "wave" and that doesn't change anything.
recordRate is 22.05, recordSampleSize is 8, recordCompression is already
raw.  I still get the 2-3 second delay before it starts recording.

Sometimes it takes a long time to stop recording.  One test, it took a
minute.   I have no idea why.

I haven't tried any other Windows machines yet, but that is next on my list.