Floating Screen Keyboard

Peter Reid preid at reid-it.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 16:50:38 EDT 2007

I'm trying to create a floating screen keyboard application that will
allow me to use a mouse to "type" into other applications by clicking
on the keys in the floating keyboard.  I'm trying to do this on a Mac
under OS X 10.4.x using Rev 2.8.1.

For example, if I'm using a web browser on a projected image, I might
be using a mouse only and want to be able to type into the browser
URL address box.  I have looked a the built-in OS X keyboard viewer
and it is too small, can't be resized and you can't use it to type in
capital letters!  This is why I thought I'd see if I could make an
app in Rev that presented a scalable floating keyboard for mouse
entry of text.

However, I can't see how I can send individual characters to whatever
is the currently active window as if they had been typed on the real
keyboard.

Any suggestions please?

Peter