RevZip Behavior in Vista

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Aug 1 16:58:55 EDT 2007

I'm noticing some weird behavior within Revolution that I really would
like to resolve.

1. I've got a project that compresses a bunch of files to a zip file
using the RevZip external.  It works wonderfully, but Vista seems to
think my project is "Not Responding" even when it's working just fine.

The archive is usually about 18mb's.  I've got the callback message for
RevZip working fine so I am getting and displaying feedback on my stack.
 The only problem is that as soon as I try to move the stack's window or
click inside the window (like any Windows user WILL do), Vista instantly
gray's out the window and puts the "(Not Responding" item after the title.

Then it doesn't show anything on the screen until the operation
involving RevZip is complete.

2. Opening and closing a zip file works fine the first time, but if I
try to re-open the file, I get a zip error.  Is this normal?  Can revZip
only open and close a specific zip file once per session?

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com