TARGET bug..please check

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:29:14 EDT 2007

On 5/1/07, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> I've discovered what I believe is to be a significant bug in the
> latest release version of 2.8 and would like to verify before I post
> it.
>
> The bug has to do with a simple target expression and has to do with
> existing groups on a card. It's very easy to test, if you don't mind
> please check it on your system and let me know what you find. Thanks
> in advance.

Hi Chipp,

I get the same results using 2.8.0-gm-4 and 2.8.1-dp-3 with Mac OS X 10.4.9

It works fine if I tab out of the field, but not if I click.

However I'm not sure it is a "target" problem, since I added "put"
statements to tell me what "the target" was at various points. I had
to give your 2 fields different names so I could check, but it was
always giving me the correct target. It's as if the click in the other
field is being processed after the "select text" command.

However why this is fixed by deleting the other group is a mystery, so
it definitely needs a bug report.

Sarah