Rev & Vista [now Rev & Linux]

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Mon Apr 30 13:00:02 EDT 2007

Marty Knapp / Ken Ray wrote:

> > Thanks Ken,
> >
> > I appreciate the info on Rev and Vista. So is there a way to tell if
> > an app is running on Vista as opposed to XP? (Again, I'm using Rev
> > 2.6.1.)

Yes, you check "the systemVersion"... see the tip at:

   http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/env003.htm

Ken:

The systemVersion on my Ubuntu 6.06.1 ("Dapper Drake") gives:
Linux 2.6.15-28-386  [the kernel??]

Do you think that anything useful might be gained by attempting to
provide a similar table for Linux?

I would be happy (or happier at least) if I knew how to discover the
name of the distro (e.g. "Ubuntu", "Puppy", "Linspire", "Mepis", etc.).

Bob