Interacting with web pages in altBrowser...

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Sun Apr 29 21:22:27 EDT 2007

Thanks, Sarah... Sorry, my question was too broad.  What I was referring to
primarily was an application front-ending a database that has a search
function.  For instance, a name and address file, or in my case, a personnel
file where the only way to browse the file is with a search function.  If I
am communicating from a Rev app and I know the person I want to search for
in the other, non-Rev app, can I interact with the fields in the non-Rev
app?... Jim

on 4/29/07 5:25 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> On 4/29/07, Jim Carwardine <JimCarwardine at ownyourfuture-net.com> wrote:
>> I think I saw something about this quite a while ago but can't find the
>> reference.  When using altBrowser or other Rev/browser interactions, can I
>> script an interaction with a web page?  An example might be where a web page
>> may have a search field and a search button and Rev has the search argument
>> filed in a database.  Can Rev put the search argument in the search field
>> and click the search button?  Jim
>
> Jim, depending on how the search is done, the parameters often become
> part of the address for the results page. e.g. for Google, if I search
> for "Revolution", the address for the search page is
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=Revolution> (and some other encoding
> stuff).
>
> So if you wanted to script a Google search directly, just replace
> "Revolution" with whatever you wanted in the link I quoted, and you
> will get directly to the results page instead of to the search entry
> page.
>
> A lot of search pages work this way, so try them manually and check
> the address of the result to see if this method will work.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

HiringSmart Canada is a successful international end-to-end human resource
support business
> providing science-based assessments and productivity tools to multi-branch
> businesses
> where each branch, without the help of an HR professional, attracts, hires and
> engages THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

We Help You Attract, Hire and Keep the Right People.
www.TalentSeeker.ca   www.HiringSmart.ca   www.KeepingTheBest.ca

HiringSmart Canada
23 Shoal Cove Road, Seabright, Nova Scotia, Canada.  B3Z 3A9
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139