Interacting with web pages in altBrowser...

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:25:53 EDT 2007

On 4/29/07, Jim Carwardine <JimCarwardine at ownyourfuture-net.com> wrote:
> I think I saw something about this quite a while ago but can't find the
> reference.  When using altBrowser or other Rev/browser interactions, can I
> script an interaction with a web page?  An example might be where a web page
> may have a search field and a search button and Rev has the search argument
> filed in a database.  Can Rev put the search argument in the search field
> and click the search button?  Jim

Jim, depending on how the search is done, the parameters often become
part of the address for the results page. e.g. for Google, if I search
for "Revolution", the address for the search page is
<http://www.google.com/search?q=Revolution> (and some other encoding
stuff).

So if you wanted to script a Google search directly, just replace
"Revolution" with whatever you wanted in the link I quoted, and you
will get directly to the results page instead of to the search entry
page.

A lot of search pages work this way, so try them manually and check
the address of the result to see if this method will work.

Cheers,
Sarah