lock/unlock in closeCard short-circuits a visual effect

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Thu Apr 26 15:55:01 EDT 2007

Sorry for the bad subject line, I regretted after I hit send.

I tried "visual effect dissolve slow." The effect didn't work: it takes
longer for the previous card to appear (like it is doing the dissolve)
but the card appears right away.

I have a sample stack that demonstrates the problem and does no other
locks.  Here's the "go to previous" button script:

on mouseUp
  visual effect dissolve fast
  go to previous
end mouseUp

Here's the closeCard handler on that card:

on closeCard
  lock screen
  -- do nothing else
  unlock screen
end closeCard

It seems the lock and unlock screen here "short-circuit" the visual effect.

If I replace the mouseUp above with

on mouseUp
  lock screen
  go to previous
  unlock screen with visual effect dissolve fast
end mouseUp

Everything works in my test stack.

Should the two work differently?