Visual effect dissolve slowing down

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 00:39:17 EDT 2007

I find that sometimes the first dissolve after starting up a
standalone can be quite slow, but it improves after that.
I recently tried the same standalone on a new install of Vista and was
wondering why the nice looking dissolve on XP and 2000 was much
grainier.  I suppose it must be because quicktime isn't installed.