Bespoke front end for rev & non rev apps

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Apr 22 12:21:26 EDT 2007

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:22:26 +0100, David Glasgow wrote:

> I think I can work out (from stuff on the list) how  to launch a non
> rev program, but is there a way to return to the Rev front end after
> the user has finished, which doesn't require the active non rev
> program to do anything other than quit?

Well, yes - there are a couple of ways to do this, but it breaks down
into two pieces: knowing when the non-Rev program has quit, and
activating your Rev app (bringing it to the front). Take a look at the
following tips for info on how to do this:

"Understanding Processes"
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/proc005.htm

"Getting a List of Running Applications"
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/proc002.htm

"Making an App Come to the Foreground"
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/proc001.htm

HTH,