F-ab 2.1.0 available for download

Jiro Harada jiro at ronri-kobo.com
Sun Apr 22 04:29:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the release 2.1.0 of F-ab.
F-ab is a simple browser for Flash movies. This browser is created
with Runtime Revolution(2.7.4).
Now you can see 1000 high quality Flash movies or more through this
browser.

This application is a freeware. It is downloadable at the following
web site:
http://www.f-ab.net

System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS 10.4.5 or later
Memory: 512 MB of RAM or more
Display: 1024 x 768 or larger
Java vm: Java Runtime Environment 5 or 6

Limitations:
1) Flash movies in F-ab do not always work like on web browsers,
because F-ab has no JavaScript engine.
2) The category search in F-ab does not work properly, because every
Flash movie is not yet categorized.
3) Don't install F-ab into the "Program Files" folder on Windows
Vista. The "VirtualStore" of Vista will prevent F-ab from updating
automatically.

I apologize for wasting your time regarding the previous versions
(2.0.4) of F-ab. The previous F-ab for Windows could not start
without the latest C Runtime Library of Microsoft Visul C++ 2005. The
previous F-ab for Mac OS hung up to terminate Flash movies under
certain conditions. This problem happens also on Safari with Flash
Player 9.0.xx.

The new versions were tested with 1000 Flash movies or more and a lot
of bugs were fixed. The new F-ab for Windows does not require that
runtime library. The new F-ab for Mac OS uses Flash Player 8.0.xx
instead of 9.0.xx to evade that problem.

Best regards,
Jiro Harada