Automatically setting screen resolution

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Sat Apr 21 23:54:10 EDT 2007

>  Is there a way within Revolution to automatically set the resolution to
> 1024x768 (and then convert it back to the original
> resolution when the standalone closes)?

To give an precise example of where automatic resolution changing would be
disastrous - if I have open one of my programming languages (say Borland
Delphi) with a project I'm working on and I run your program you will
*destroy* the resources in my program in such a way as to make me have to
completely redesign the user interface as the scaling will be all over the
place.  While I can probably do this OK it would annoy me immensely and a
less experienced person using the IDE would have bigger problems.  IMHO
programs should *never* dictate to the user.  They should politely ask or
display a readme or message dialog asking me to fix the resolution to see
the program properly.

Scott