SecuROM copy protection and Rev

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Thu Apr 19 21:51:33 EDT 2007

> Does anyone have any experience of employing Rev executables on CDs
> protected with Sony's SecuROM process - i.e. Does it work?

No direct experience.   However a quick Google search reveals that (I'm not
going to post the Google search for obvious reasons) that it's no more
secure than any other protection system.  If a programmer can write the algo
to protect a cracker can prepare the tools to bypass it given the motivation
and time to do so.  See a recent article I did for the Rev newsletter and
I'll be adding a follow-up that takes it a bit further in the future.

Scott Kane