[OT] Printer Servers and Mac 10.4 ?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 18:09:23 EDT 2007

Um, Sorry, not an RR thing at all . . .

Just bought a one-port printer server: plugged my USB
printer in one end, plugged an Ethernet cable in the
other and connected to my Router;

NO GO! Richmond's naivety, again (i.e. believing words
like "simple" printed on packaging)

Eventually found (from EDIMAX) a Mac guide which shows
a HUB/SWITCH connected into the ROUTER and all the
dependant computers + printer hanging off it like
flies.

Don't really want to dig out my old switch to add
another silly power adapter and more spaghetti to my
office + reprog my whole network

[I mean . . . how does one clone a Mac address to a
Switch to a Router - and is this necessary?]

Surely their must be away for me to jack the Print
Server into the TP-LINK without involving a switch?

Help gratefully (desperately!) recieved . . .

Pretty Please ?

Richmond.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.