[ANN] BvG Docu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 16 11:19:10 EDT 2007

Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> It's here, and there was much frolicking! (at least my cat is...)

Beware of cats on keyboards; you never know what they'll type.  ;)

> I didn't like the way Rev presents it's documentation entries, so I
> made my own GUI (like Benedict Seidl did before).
>
> There are two parts to it:
> 1. A library that takes all the xml stuff out of handling the
> documentation entries, which makes it easy for others to make their own
> documentation GUI stack.
> 2. And there's my own GUI stack, interfacing said library.

Great job!

The only downside is that it's dependent on Rev's XML library so it
can't be used in the MC IDE, but perhaps I can make a variant of it for
that.

Some of us who work on the MC IDE project made a lightweight Dictionary
shell some time ago, but I don't think it's been updated for the latest
format of Rev's docs.  If we can get some assurances the format is now
stable it would become worthwhile updating it.

But your library is very tempting; perhaps this will motivate me to
provide a "Rev compatibility" tool to allow their runtime libs to be
used within MC.

Like your chat tool, another helpful and inspiring creation.  Thanks
Björnke!

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal