Playing audio files consecutively

Andrew Lian -nswc andrew.lian at andrewlian.com
Sun Apr 15 15:23:31 EDT 2007

Dear All

I am sure that this problem has been solved many times but I am just
playing with runrev right now and am experiencing some difficulty.

Here is the situation:

In a BUTTON I have put the following script

on mouseUp
   play audioclip "student"
   play audioclip "master"
end mouseUp

The idea is to play the first clip followed by the second.

The system omits playing the first file and cascades down to playing "master".

I have experimented by placing, in the button, a handler like

on playStopped
    play audioclip "master"
end playStopped

The idea is to play "student" first and wait until it is played.
However - this does not work either.

It seems that the playStopped message is never sent or, if it is, it
is never read.

I would really appreciate some help on this as I am trying to evaluate
runrev and cannot spend a lot of time experimenting.

Thanks all very much

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Lian
Professor and Chair

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. (Anaïs Nin)
The universe is made up of stories, not atoms (Muriel Rukeyser)