A string doesn't equal itself

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 12 12:45:00 EDT 2007

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but Mark Waddingham has just
commented on the bug I submitted for this. He verifies what we've been
discussing -- it's an overflow problem due to interpreting the string as
a number -- and says he thinks its a bug. It is targeted to be fixed for
the next dp release.

The fix involves doing a string comparison rather then a numeric
comparison if either operand overflows. The bug number is 4651 if anyone
is curious.

BTW, I'm very pleased with how quickly bugs are being addressed these
days. I've entered a few over the last week or so and they've all been
attended to promptly. If anyone has an issue that they haven't yet
entered into the bug database, I'd say now is a great time to do it.
They're combing through there at a pretty good clip.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com