OT Ugly fonts using XP/Parallels

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed Apr 11 13:50:44 EDT 2007

Mark,

If you're a newcomer to Windows, fonts may not look as nice as you're
accustomed to in Mac OS X.

1) Are you running Windows in Millions of colors?

2) Have you turned on ClearType in Windows?

Display Properties--> Appearance--> Effects

[x] Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts
     - ClearType

3) Are all the fonts equally unattractive? Some fonts are TrueType/OpenType
in Windows, and some are not. Try Verdana and Georgia, which should look
best.

--

BTW: The best way (IMHO) to set up Parallels is to create a Boot Camp
partition first (being sure to install Apple's drivers), then instruct

FWIW, I don't notice the fonts in Windows looking any different than they do
on my Windows desktop.

"Mark Swindell" <mdswindell at cruzio.com> wrote
in message news:79ADAF61-501E-40F1-9508-D07355F95F92 at cruzio.com...