image data

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Apr 10 16:36:11 EDT 2007

At 5:44 AM -0500 4/10/2007, Chipp Walters wrote:
>Just to be clear. The imageData property is different from the text of
>an image. You can manipulate the imageData, but AFAIK you cannot
>manipulate the bytes of the text of an image (or at least last I heard
>no one has figured out how to).

You can do it if you understand the format that particular image is
in (JPEG, PNG, etc.) But it's a pain, since the image formats Rev
supports are none of them as simple as the 4-bytes-per-pixel,
uncompressed, no-headers format of the imageData.

If you want to manipulate pixels, you'd have to come up with a
routine to translate the image contents into some format that's very
like the imageData in any case. So in practice it just makes a lot
more sense to manipulate the imageData if you are doing filtering or
similar operations.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com