Linux installaton

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Sat Apr 7 10:23:03 EDT 2007

I wrote:

 >You might also like to look at the installer used by Xara which is
also very impressive, though this might be their own rather than a
commercially-available installer (I can't quite remember).

Richard:

In fact, Xara uses "Autopackage". It could be more economically
interesting than InstallShield X. That said, perhaps InstallShield X
would give you greater versatility in deploying the same installer on
all 3 platforms.

As for the detail of setting up file/app associations, I cannot
elaborate since I have never used either of these utilities.

Bob