Simple Speech Recognition

Brent Anderson brentj84062 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:46:07 EDT 2007

Hello.

You've got a few options with Speech Recognition, unless you want to
get down and dirty with the Speech Recognition frameworks (read: a
revolution external). AppleScript does support speech recognition,
however I have never tried it out in Revolution. Another option would
be to "define a keyboard command" for every action you want to
complete (Revolution does detect the keyboard "input" so you can
handle messages via keydown type messages). Another option might be
to use a third party Speech framework MakeItSo (http://
homepage.mac.com/bonura/Professional/). I've never worked very hard
with it, nor have I tried to run it with Revolution. It might be what
you're looking for, however.

Thanks,
Brent Anderson
The Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center
www.spacecamputah.org