Windows question

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 16:30:13 EDT 2007

What would cause a standalone made with Rev to not show up in the
open applications alt+tab window and not collapse to the task bar?

I have an application made on a Mac that I am testing in Windows and
it does not show up with the other open apps with alt+tab. The
interesting thing is that I have similar applications I have made
that DO show up there, and I made them the same way with the exact
same .ico file for the icons.  Furthermore, when I minimize this app
to the task bar, it doesn't actually do that - it collapses to a
small rectangular box just above the task bar that needs to be double
clicked, not single clicked to expand again. Obviously something is
wrong, and even though I am an admitted idiot when it comes to
Windows, as far as I know nothing was done differently with my
Windows apps that behave properly in these two respects and this one
that doesn't. Everything else in this app seems to work flawlessly in
Windows. Any ideas out there?

... a little bit later...

Ok, I have been fooling around and tried something for the first
time, namely create the Windows standalone on my Windows test
machine.  I never did this before because it has always worked fine
on the Mac and I am an idiot with Windows.  Here is what happened -
the standalone was created just fine, and it collapses properly to
the task bar AND it shows up in the alt+tab open applications list.
This is an acceptable solution, but there is one new problem - the
application icon doesn't work. I copied the .ico file over to the
Windows machine with the other files and in the standalone
application settings chose it as the icon, but I just get some
generic icon in my standalone. Now, this happens sometimes in OSX,
but I know that if I create an archive of it and unstuff it, the icon
then works. Is there a way to do something similar in Windows?

I am still curious why the standalone generated in OSX misbehaves
with alt+tab and minimize because I prefer working on my Mac.  But if
i need to do the standalones in Windows, so be it - but how do I get
the icons to work?

Revolution 2.6 (both Mac and Windows)
OS 10.4.9
Windows XP Home