Enable/Disable in Group/Control Weirdness

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Apr 4 12:26:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

In a test stack I have a group with a button in it:

GroupX
    ButtonX

Both are disabled initially.

If I do this:

disable group "GroupX"
disable button "ButtonX"

then:

enable group "GroupX"

Both the Group and the button are enabled? Is this correct? To me
this seems like bad behavior. In my real stack I have group that has
a number of controls (70+), there is a master condition that will
disable the whole group, if this condition is met then the group is
enabled and as other conditions are met controls are enabled as
necessary. To handle this, initially I disable the group, enable all
controls that meet the primary condition, then disable all controls
that need further conditions. That way once the primary condition
becomes true, the group is enabled and all the controls that are
enabled by the primary condition are enabled too - or at least that's
what I wanted to do, but with the behavior described above all
controls are enabled when the group is enabled!

Any ideas?

All the Best
Dave