Revolution, MySQL vs FileMaker

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Thu Sep 28 11:42:06 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Postgres is FREE.  MySQL is not.  If you read the license
carefully this becomes very clear.

I would never recommend giving some other company
control of my company's database.  You have no idea
what they might do with the information, and you
can't say for sure that you are really protecting your
customers' data or privacy.

In my opinion, If you can get Rev to work with Postgres,
that would be the best, and least expensive solution.

FileMaker is good for making quick interfaces
and for ease of use, but they keep wanting to
charge users more and more money for a product
that seems to get slower with each release.  I don't
believe in companies who trick you into using their
product, and then raise the cost of using their product
once you've married yourself to them.

I'll probably get flamed for this one!  lol

Rick