Font effect query: Mac and Windows differences

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 06:47:16 EDT 2006

Hiya,

Newbie to the list and Revolution...

I started out by playing around with font formatting, wanting to make a
mini text editor, but I've run into an odd problem. The following
Transcript works on the Mac version of the app, but on the Windows
version (compiled as a target) nothing happens:

on mouseUp
   set the textStyle of selectedText to bold
end mouseUp

So when I hilight the selected text on the Mac, it works, but in Windows
it doesn't (it will not even let me hilight in the Windows version!).

Do I have to wrestle with the autoHilite command so that both versions
work? Is there a way/list where the defaults (which it looks like what
this is) can be seen?

Cheers,

Luis.