Are there any arrow buttons?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Tue Oct 31 15:41:50 EST 2006

Jacque,

>> You're probably not the only one experiencing it, just the only one
>> taking the time to write about it.
>
> I don't think so. So far, no one else has been able to reproduce the
> problem. I have never seen the problem either, and I use an awful lot of
> background groups in my work.

The use-rev list is far short of the universe of Rev users (at least I hope
so). As you know, I've encountered problems that other people seemingly
haven't encountered, either. But I'm sure they're real. It might be the
combination of 2.7.3 and the OS/hardware he's using. Video driver, default
setting of some obscure global preference, who knows what. From my 17 years
of working with end users I've learned "where there's smoke, there's fire."
It takes a generous end-user and encouragement from the company to find out
where the spark is.

>> Anyway, the "recipe" you posted earlier seems to be 100% reproducible --
>> which is always good -- so they ought to work with you to find out the
>> cause of the problem.
>
> The user is new, and may not fully understand how background groups work
> or what to do to enable their behavior.

Except his click-by-click steps were exactly correct for setting the group
to be a background. If those steps fail, there is a problem NOT between the
keyboard and chair. If it were my company's product I'd be annoyed as heck
until I figured out what the cause was.

I hope someone gets him Rev 2.7.4, and perhaps 2.6.1, and that he is willing
to take the time/effort to help track down this issue.