Rules governing stack purging

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 16:24:55 EST 2006

On 30 Oct 2006, at 21:15, Dave Cragg wrote:

> Say I want to do this:
>
> set the cProp of stack "C:/myStack.rev"
> save stack  "C:/myStack.rev"

Should be:

set the cProp of stack "C:/myStack.rev" to somedata
save stack  "C:/myStack.rev"

Also, I just remembered something (third time this week, must be the
new pills). Aren't "unused" stacks purged from memory by the engine
when it needs to reclaim memory? I think I'm referring to stacks
without the destryStack set, but which have been closed. I seem to
recall reading this somewhere, either in the old Metacard docs, or
the MC mailing list from long ago. If it's true, I wonder if it
applies to "unopened" stacks in memory too.

Does anyone know?

Cheers
Dave