Adding Time

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Oct 30 16:15:47 EST 2006

Sorry, I did not use the right notation for function's arguments and
forgot to include error management:

on mouseUp
   local tTimeList
   -----
   put BuildTimeList(fld "StartTime", fld "EndTime", fld "Interval")
into tTimeList
   if tTimeList contains "error" then
     -- error handling
   else put tTimeList into fld "TimeList"
end mouseUp
function BuildTimeList pStartime,pEndtime,pInterval
   local tTimeList
   -----
   put pInterval * 60 into pInterval
   convert pStartime from short time to seconds
   convert pEndtime from short time to seconds
   if pEndtime <= pStartime then return "Error: invalid time period"
   -----
   repeat until pStartime > pEndtime
     convert pStartime from seconds to short time
     put pStartime & cr after tTimeList
     convert pStartime from short time to seconds
     add pInterval to pStartime
   end repeat
   -----
   delete char -1 of tTimeList
   return tTimeList
end BuildTimeList

It assumes that "StartTime" and "EndTime" fields are formatted as
short English date and field "Interval" is an integer that means
minutes.

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet