Rules governing stack purging

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 14:07:33 EST 2006

On 30 Oct 2006, at 18:28, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> The stack will not be in the openstacks, because technically it
> isn't open. It isn't listed in the "the mainstacks" either. The
> engine opens it silently and doesn't pass any messages to it when
> you are just accessing a property.

Jacque, are you sure it isn't in the mainstacks. I modified teh
script I just posted as follows:

on mouseUp
   put "/Users/dave/Desktop/proptest.rev" into tStackFile

   put the myProp of stack tStackFile into field 1
   put the short name of stack  tStackFile into tShortname
   put cr & (there is a stack tShortname) after field 1
   put cr & (tShortname is among the lines of the mainstacks) after
field 1
   delete stack tStackFile
   put cr & (there is a stack tShortname) after field 1
    put cr & (tShortname is among the lines of the mainstacks) after
field 1

end mouseUp

I now get

true
true
false
false

And I seem to remember that Rev uses the mainstacks somewhere to list
all stacks in memory.

Cheers
Dave