External won't load on some machines

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 30 11:27:53 EST 2006

Trevor DeVore wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2006, at 10:49 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> What would make an external fail to load on some machines and not others?
>
> You can sometimes get useful information from watching output in
> Console.app during startup.  The app is in /Applications/Utilities.
> Open it up, press the Clear button and then launch your app.  If there
> is an error while loading the external you will see an error message
> appear.  Let us know if you see anything.

I figured it out late last night after backing off from the problem for
a while. I left out some important info in my message: I upgraded my
Mac, and the external I am using is not a universal binary. The app is.
All I need to do is either check the "Run in Rosetta" checkbox in the
Finder, or install a univeral binary version of the external.

I should have figured that out. I knew about the issue. I think I was
just too close to the problem to see it. But thanks for the tip. I
didn't know about that  one and I'm sure it will be useful.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com