intersect()

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Oct 26 13:37:47 EDT 2006

Recently, Marty Billingsley wrote:

> I seem to remember using the intersect() function before, where it
> returned false if one object was intersecting a transparent part of
> an image (don't remember if the image was a png or a gif).  Now I
> can't seem to get that to work.  Is there something I need to do to
> the image to make sure the transparency is recognized?

The intersect function has always worked using the rects of objects.
Perhaps you are thinking of within()?

A nice feature of v2.7.x is that within() now detects transparent regions
with graphics too, where before it would only work with images.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design