Quicktime Multimedia Authoring - Nearly Dead?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Oct 25 19:54:29 EDT 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 4:21 PM, GregSmith wrote:

> If interactive QuickTime authoring is ever going to make a
> comeback, it will
> have to be able to be friendlier than authoring in Flash, but just as
> interactive.

Looking at QuickTime's history I think it is clear that they aren't
competing in the all-in-one category.  QuickTime is an architecture
that enhances the playback environment, be in browser or desktop
application.  For example, QT 7 added much more comprehensive support
for scripting within the browser.  Now the browser coupled with
QuickTime can accomplish more than before.

It appears that QuickTime had to let some aspects of the architecture
slide while they overhauled the audio/video for QuickTime 7.  That
was no small undertaking given the age of QuickTime.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com