PHP and Rev CGI

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Oct 24 06:14:23 EDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I have a Revolution CGI that someone wants to use on their server, which
> is managed by some php scripts. I know nothing about php. Is it possible
> for php to call the Rev cgi and get the response back? Both processes
> will be running on the same server. Any pointers or reference URLs on
> how to do that?

You probably already know this:

Pierre Sahores is the master of this if you have Rev running as a
daemon. Perhaps, if he is lurking he has an option for talking to
Rev scripts with PHP that load single instances of the engine on call.

His method talks to Rev stacks (which are up, running and "listening")
  via sockets and he swears by it.

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/