explicitvariables weirdness

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Oct 24 05:07:43 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I take the opportunity to say how useful is to set explicit variables
to true.
It's not only good practice but will track for you misspellings and
errors :-)

When explicit variables are set to true, all local variables must be
declared or a message as the one Mark reported will show up:

on MyStuff
   local tData,tFlag
   -----
   put the optionKey is down into tFlag
   put fld "Data" into tData

You get the idea.
In addition, for those who always work declaring all variables, it's
a bit bothering to inspect other people scripts where they are not
declared ;-)

Le 24 oct. 06 à 06:50, Mark Swindell a écrit :

> Over the past couple days I've been encountering a frustrating
> behavior in that when I go to save a stack script, I'm greeted with
> the following error message:
>
> Type	Chunk: can't create a variable with that name
> (explicitVariables?)
> Object	FF Stack
> Line		put "multiplication addition division subtraction" into
> theCardsToChange
> Hint		theCardsToChange

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet