Resizable stack with a custom shape (was: Re: Transparent stacks...)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Oct 23 17:46:38 EDT 2006

Bill,

In the past, I have turned off decorations and created my own window moving
and resizing handlers-- of course optimizing for speed. This approach still
forces square corners, but with some creative interface design, it can look
pretty nice.

For instance:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/abrowser_big_big.jpg

and

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/LEOif_big%5B1%5D_big.jpg

That said, my ultimate conclusion is that it worked TOO slow. It turns out
the

resizeStack handler is called more quickly from the OS stack resize vs a
mouseMove handler. I've finally decided to keep the basic window shape and
decorations, and work within them.

best,
Chipp