revDeleteFolder: nothing in Trash on MacIntel?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Oct 21 19:58:20 EDT 2006

Hi Bruce,

The docs may be considered wrong in several ways, where Mac OS X is
concerned. RevDeleteFolder doesn't use AppleScript but the shell. It
uses the rm shell command, which deletes files and folders and
doesn't move them to the trash. To move a folder to the trash, you
might use the revMoveFolder command. The behaviour is the same on all
Mac OS X machines.

FYI, there is no revDeleteFile command, use the delete file command
instead. The revDeleteFolder and the delete folder commands to the
same thing. In my opinion, there is a bug, the issue being that
revDeleteFolder should actually move and not delete a folder. Maybe
the docs are actually correct saying that the revDeleteFolder command
behaves differently than it currently does.

If you want, you can repair this yourself by changing the
revDeleteFolder handler of button revCommon of stack revLibrary,
using some applescript syntax or simply the revMoveFolder command.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 21-okt-2006, om 16:31 heeft Bruce A. Pokras het volgende geschreven: