searching list archive via Google gone wrong

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Oct 19 11:50:17 EDT 2006

Hi Bernard,

If you have Rev 2.7.x, you can use the Rev Search Engine (last tab in
the docs tool bar).
With a previous version, you can download the Resources Picker plugin
from my website (same features)
With it you can:

Search the mailing lists with GMane
Search the mailing lists with Google
Search the mailing lists with Mail Archive
Search the mailing lists with Nable
Un/Subscribe and Send a Mail to the Mailing Lists
Go to other Lists and Groups

And many other search types: Rev docs, related web, etc.

Le 19 oct. 06 à 16:25, Bernard Devlin a écrit :

> Mostly, I don't ask for help on this list because I have found that
> searching the archive via Google usually brings an answer (that and
> the great documentation esp. in earlier versions of Rev - trust me,
> after struggling with Applescript last week, I really, really
> appreciate both xTalk and the Rev docs more).
>
> Anyway, I've noticed recently that a) Google searches of the list
> seem to be bringing up useful results less and less often.  Maybe
> my needs are changing, but in any case there is definitely
> something wrong with the Google results.  Clicking on a returned
> result takes one to an entry in the list, but it is the wrong
> entry.  Clicking on Google's cached copy of that page takes one to
> the right page.
>
> I don't know if the problem is Google's or Runrev's.  But I just
> thought I'd bring it up, in case anyone else has noticed anything
> strange.
>
> Bernard Devlin

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet