QT cross-platform problems in my Rev scripts.

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 19 11:20:32 EDT 2006

Hi from Paris,

I used Quicktime Pro on my Mac to slice up a .avi file into several
.mov files (apparently the only option). In my Rev stack, my player
script worked a treat, and played the .mov files (and also the original
.avi files). Then I ran my .rev stack on the PC (StackRunner), and the
files wouldn't play. Mark Schonewille (off-forum) suggested that I was
missing a codec, which is quite a logical suggestion, but for a .mov
file created by Quicktime (although Mac) itself, I was curious. So I
first tried opening the .mov file on my PC, by launching Quicktime (I
don't have the Pro version on my PC), isolating the problem from my Rev
script. Surprise, although it displays the window, and plays the audio
track, the video track is not displayed. So it is not a Rev problem,
but a QT problem. I have the latest iTunes/Quicktime on my XP PC, so
why can't I read .mov files created by QT itself ? I realize that this
is not a Rev problem, but perhaps other users have come across this
cross-platform QT problem which prevents Rev "Play Video" scripts from
running correctly.

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"