Images don't show in standalone

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Oct 18 09:02:46 EDT 2006

Hi William,

The defaultFolder is probably not set correctly:
By default it's always the folder where lies the app (Revolution app/
exe in the IDE or your app when it is a standalone)

As for me, I prefer to get the filename of my app (or mainStack in
the IDE) and deduce all paths needed from this one:

function AppFolder
   set the itemDel to slash
   return item 1 to -2 of the fileName of stack (the mainstack of
this stack) & slash
end AppFolder

Then you append to this value what you need:

put AppFolder() & "My images" into tImagesFolderPath
if there is a folder tImagesFolderPath then
   set the defaultFolder to tImagesFolderPath
   put the files into tFiles -- all images names in this folder
else
   AnswerError -- custom handler: whatever you need
end if

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet